How YUMM works
First and foremost, as people have often asked us this question. Your Model Management is a full blown model agency. This means that we represent and manage models, get them work in all model genres and take a commission. A model does not necessarily need professional images to be accepted on YUMM, as long as their natural ones are to an acceptable standard. After all, in trying to make a good first impression, you wouldn’t turn up to a job interview looking tatty now, would you?
Having met you for a face-to-face interview, YUMM will only accept model applicants that we reasonably believe have a real shot of model success. One has to remember that in this industry, beauty is truly in the eyes of the beholder meaning the paying client. Succeeding, as a model is not based on what you think of yourself in terms of your look, figure, height, physique, etc. Rather, it is based on what the paying client thinks, as they are the ones spending their money in hiring you. However, we as your agency do speak up for you, as it is obviously in our interests to secure you as much work, as possible in order to earn our commission.
For this reason, models that have potential can be of any height, look, size, age, background, race and so on.
So, if we give you a chance to be a model, rest assured we will give you all the modelling exposure and publicity you could ever have, not to mention place you at the disposal of our many model bookers. If you don’t succeed, at least you know you tried!
REGISTER TO BECOME A MODEL USING OUR APPLICATION FORM.
You will need to submit at least 2-3 pictures, which can be natural or professional. Upon doing so, you will be sent an automatic welcome email with your login details so keep it in a safe place. This does not mean that you have been accepted onto YUMM and neither will your login details work on the site, as your profile would not have been activated. If you have any problems filling in our online form, you can send your pictures along with your contact details, age, height, size [if female], area where you live and any other information to: firstname.lastname@example.org
THE YUMM TEAM WILL GET BACK TO YOU, USUALLY WITHIN 3 DAYS
A member of the new model recruitment team will then try and contact you if we wish to take you on. The contact will be to arrange an interview at our offices. If we do not manage to get hold of you, we will send you an email and text to call us back and quickly before our model places are taken up. You are also free to contact us to know the outcome of your application, if after 3 working days, you have not been contacted.
3. THE MODEL INTERVIEW
The interview will last between 30mins to an hour and will comprise of asking you a some questions about yourself, getting to know you and taking a few Polaroids, which you will NOT be charged for. We will also assess key areas such as your range and diversity, as a would-be YUMM model, how you take to the camera [some of the work you receive be it high or low-end may well involve you modelling in front of a camera, photographers, audiences, etc.], your professionalism, attitude, time-keeping, communication and so on. Quite often, as a model, you will be working around not just other models but staff associated with the client. For this reason, we have to see that you are the type that always acts professional regardless of what is happening around and any problems or issues thrown at them.
Moreover, and if accepted, the Polaroids we take may be used for the Polaroid aspect of your professional model profile alongside any professional ones you may already have. Any self-respecting model should ideally have Polaroids, as it suggests to potential clients that you are professional, prepared and ready for work. When you come to the interview, you will need to bring along the professional images you want to use on YUMM if you have any. You will also need to bring some ID such as your passport or driver’s licence and proof of address so, we can keep a record. This is all based on you being accepted, of course.
After the interview, you will be informed of the outcome and also, if accepted, what are conditions of that acceptance will be – if at all. You will also be given a model contract to sign [or if under 18, the parent you come with, signs on your behalf]. You will also have the added option of taking the contract away and returning it at a later date should you choose.
YOUR PROFILE & PICTURES WILL GO ON THE MOST RELEVANT MODEL BOARD WE
INITALLLY DECIDE MAY BE BEST FOR YOU
Within 7 working days, your model profile will go up on the agency site along and on the relevant model board : Development | Main | Must-See | Special. We would also need to have your signed model contract, as well. Whilst you are well within your rights to make any changes you wish to your model profile [i.e. update your photos, change your headline photo, measurements, etc], after it formally goes up, it will automatically go down until those changes have been approved by our model profile team. This can take up to 2 working days.
6. BUILDING YOUR
Ever noticed when you look at the profiles of some of the UK’s top models, that many have pictures of themselves on the cover of magazines, in editorials, on location shoots and so on? This is how a model builds their model profile and portfolio. This, is hopefully, where we hope to get you to, but will need your maximum input, as well.
Any model agency in the world will tell you that, succeeding as a model - be it a part time or full time one, younger or older one, plus size or non plus size or whatever category you are in – is not a one-way street. Yes, the agency’s job is to effectively and successfully represent you but they cannot do it without a significant contribution from you. By you, we mean things such as….
- Excellent Communication and Time-Keeping at all times
- Accepting as many jobs, as possible, as long as they are within your stated availability times (e.g. if you are in education, mostly weekends, half term and the holidays)
- Return emails and calls concerning work offers quickly. Remember, clients pay the models’ fees and so, they have plenty of choices concerning models eager to be hired. So, they are unlikely to hang around waiting for you to return a call and neither is the model agency!
- When taking calls from the agency or client OR indeed communicating with them, do not answer, text or email, as if you were speaking to a mate. Try and be professional at all times, as it can go a long way in the clients’ eyes.
- Try and keep in constant communication with the agency in terms of your availability should it change. Model bookers do not like unpleasant surprises, especially after they may have worked hard behind the scenes to secure you a job, only to find out your (for example), out of the country, not available for work, number does not work or your email is bouncing back. In short, kindly keep us updated with any material changes that may affect your work availability schedule.
- If on the way to a job, having been provided with the job schedule by your model booker, you get lost or delayed for example, please make sure you update the agency and as early as possible. If you do not so, the agency may not necessarily take you off its books, but you may go down in the pecking order for your particular model category.
Good luck from the YUMM Team